UC Scout Policies
Once a student starts a course, students have three (3) business days to drop the course for a $40 administration fee. Starting a course is defined as the latter of:
- Three (3) business days from the official course start date.
- Three (3) business days from the day of enrollment. This option exists for students who enroll in a course after the official course start date.
After a student has been enrolled in a course for three (3) business days, no refunds will be issued.
Business days are defined as Monday through Friday, not including holidays.
If the refund deadline for a course has passed, a petition for exception may be submitted. It must be supported by special circumstances such as a personal or family illness, injury, or hospitalization. Proper documentation of special circumstances is required. UC Scout reserves the right to approve or deny any such request.
To submit a refund request, please complete the Refund Request Form. Refunds are only granted if the requirements above have been met.
- A student can request to drop a course at any time before the course end date by filling out the Drop Request Form.
- A drop does not show on your transcript.
A drop is not the same as a refund. For refunds, please review our “Trial Period,” found on our Policies page.
To drop a course fill out the Drop Request Form.
Switching Sections / Switching Courses Policy
If a student has not done any work in the course beyond the Intro Modules (ProctorU, Contact Information, Course Expectations), then the student is eligible to transfer to a different section for a $40 transfer fee. After the $40 fee is remitted, transfer requests are typically processed every Friday.
If a student has completed course work in the course, then the student can petition for a transfer.
To submit a transfer request, please complete the Transfer Request Form.
UC Scout reserves the right to discontinue, postpone or combine courses, and/or programs. Refunds prompted by cancellation or discontinuation will be made in full to your student account for future enrollments. Refunds to the original form of payment can be processed on request.
Course End Date and Extension Requests
All course material must be complete by the course end date. Refunds are not provided for courses not completed by the course end date.
A petition for course extension may be submitted, but students must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Petition must be supported by special circumstances such as a personal or family illness, injury, or hospitalization. Proper documentation of special circumstances is required.
- Student must make the request for an extension at least one week prior to the course end date.
- Student must have progressed through the course (midterm) at the time of the extension request.
The extension form will open one month prior to the current term end date.
UC Scout reserves the right to approve or deny any such request.
To submit an extension request, please complete the Extension Request Form.
UC Scout charges a $10 fee per transcript that is mailed as a hard copy. We will follow up on how to remit payment should a student request a hard copy transcript.
Transcripts are only issued to academic counselors or schools of students in an On Demand course.
To submit a transcript request, please complete the Transcript Request Form.